Childress First United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Custodian to begin June 1st.
Plans, directs, supervises and performs building and grounds custodial maintenance of the Church plant. As the person who maintains, cleans and prepares rooms for use by the church and area ministries, the person realizes that the appearance and upkeep of the facilities in every aspect is of paramount importance, especially for guests and members entering the facilities. This person has a personal dedication to the cleanliness of the church’s physical plant and grounds.
- Commitment to Christ and the ministry of the Church
- Good follow-through skills
- Must complete criminal background check
- Must pass unannounced drug testing
- Maintain a weekly cleaning schedule to ensure that all facilities are cleaned and maintained. The schedule for cleanings and maintenance will be organized in such a way that the corresponding spaces will be cleaned before all worship services, educational events, and committee/group meetings.
- Coordinates with Trustees for tasks that they see necessary for the Church upkeep.
- In coordination with the Trustees, oversees the maintenance of the Childress First United Methodist Church physical plant.
- Sets up rooms for group activities as directed and coordinated with the supervisor. This includes set up and take down chairs, tables, lecterns, furnishings, etc., as needed by the many groups that use the Church.
- Cleans and performs tasks (such as waxing, polishing, replacing lightbulbs, etc.) to maintain and improve the building.
- Open and close buildings for scheduled events.
- Regulate heat and air conditioning to provide appropriate and adequate cooling and heating.
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies, minor equipment, and other supplies as needed.
- Annually check and maintain emergency lighting systems and exits, smoke detectors, and other devices which ensure congregational safety
- Coordinates his (her) weekly cleaning and maintenance schedule with Secretary
- In cooperation with the Trustees, secure maintenance by professionals for items where time or skill level is beyond the Custodian.
- Secure supplies necessary for the cleaning and maintenance of our facility through the Secretary, within budgetary limitations.
- Provides regular inspections of the buildings, grounds, and equipment. Works with Trustees to remedy problems.
- Enforces policies needed for the upkeep and use of the church facilities.
- Coordinates nightly security checks. Available during some hours of the business day, as well as before and after hours for set-up and security of the facilities.
- Coordinates activities needed to correct natural problems like flooding due to rain or snow and ice removal.
To apply for this position go to https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/02elJ3LYSMX619