Childress First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to begin in late summer early fall 2020.
SALARY: Salary + Apartment with electricity, water/sewer, and Internet provided by the Church
SUPERVISED BY: Pastor
The primary purpose of the Director of Youth Ministries is to provide leadership for the Youth Ministry to create an environment that nurtures spiritual, mental, and physical growth of Jr High and High School students under the care of the First United Methodist Church of Childress.
- Commitment to Christ and the ministry of the Church
- Completion of basic high school degree required; bachelor’s degree desired
- Demonstrate ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate adults to serve in the Youth Ministry
- Demonstrate ability to work with Youth to include: discipline, plan activities and show compassion for the Youth
- Organizational and record-keeping skills and experience in relevant computer programs
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality regarding family circumstances and other sensitive information
- Commitment to promoting and maintaining unity in the ministry team
- Effective communication with staff, youth, congregation, and anyone else who serves in this ministry area
- Must complete criminal background check
- Must pass unannounced drug testing
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and insurance as required by the State of Texas
- Organize and promote programs and events for the Jr High and High School Youth and their families
- Evaluate the needs and goals of the Youth Ministry for the Youth and their families
- Research and/or write curriculum for Youth Programs
- Weekly prepare and provide leadership for programs
- Coordinate, review, and/or write curriculum for Sunday School
- Ensure that there is a Sunday School teacher for the Youth Class(es)
- Attend meetings of the Church Council and the Staff
- Research and order educational materials and reconcile Cokesbury, Mardel, Amazon, etc. statements each month for appropriate distribution
- Provide the necessary information on expenditures for proper accounting
- Promote activities of the Youth Ministry through flyers, bulletin notices, newsletter articles, social media posts, etc.
- Shop for and purchase supplies needed for various activities
- Recruit, Train, and Supervise all Youth area volunteers
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Obtain approval of all expenditures prior to purchase with the Church Financial Secretary in consultation with the Pastor while maintaining sound fiscal practice in program planning.
- Meet with the Pastor regularly to discuss the individual contacts, the on-going program, and any issues/concerns that may arise.
- The Pastor shall be the supervisor for this position. Any concerns or grievances shall be addressed to the Pastor. Any unresolved issue may be referred to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. There shall be an evaluation at the end of 90 days by the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee
- The Pastor will provide an overall annual evaluation (or more frequent evaluations as deemed appropriate by the SPRC). Copies of the signed evaluation will be provided to the Staff Parish Relations Committee
- Participate in continuing education as budget funds are available
- Fulfill other duties for the effective and efficient operation of First United Methodist Church of Childress, as directed by the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee
Apply online at https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/02elJ3LYSMX619